- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar / sugar substitute
- Saffron, a pinch
- 1 cup mango puree
- 7-8 almonds, chopped
- 10-15 raisins
- Mint leaves, a small bunch
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 2-3 cloves
- Almonds, to garnish
- In a pan, stir milk, basmati rice and sugar/ sugar substitute together.
- Add saffron and gently stir them together.
- Once the mix comes to boil, add mango puree.
- Sprinkle some almond, raisins and fresh mint leaves.
- Stir gently and cover it, letting the rice cook on low heat till the rice is fully cooked and the kheer is creamy & thick.
- Add little green cardamom into it. Place it in a bowl and sprinkle some chopped almond over it .
- Keep it in the fridge to cool and serve cold.