- 2 cups curd (dahi or yoghurt) or 500 ml curd
- 2 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 red chillies
- ¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- few chopped coriander leaves for garnish, i did not use these
- Combine the curd with the sugar. Mix it till the sugar dissolves.
- Then combine mangoes with the yogurt in a bowl.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a small frying pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds till they pop.
- Add the red chillies and fenugreek seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour this spiced tadka on the curd mixture.
- If you do not like the mustard seeds or fenugreek to be seen in the raita, then strain the ghee and discard the seeds. Stir the ghee into the yoghurt mixture. Garnish the Mango Raita with coriander leaves.
- For the garnish, you could also use diced mangoes and top it in the center of the mango raita as I have done.
- To get a fuller and creamier taste, it is better to use full cream yoghurt or curd.