- Scrapped coconut – 3 cups (In this recipe 2 coconuts are used)
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Milk – 2 cups
- Mixture of ground green cardamom and nutmeg – 1 tsp
- Some sliced almonds (Optional)
- Sajuk tup / clarified butter – 1 tsp
- Scrape out only white portion of coconut.
- In a heated kadai, add scrapped coconut and stir it just for a minute on a low heat.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add milk with malai / cream.
- Mix and cook on medium heat until mixture thicken, stirring in between. It may take around 30-40 minutes.
- Now reduce the heat and add ground cardamom and nutmeg.
- Put some sliced almonds.
- When you see the mixture has got spreading consistency, switch off the heat.
- Grease surface with little bit of clarified butter and pour mixture on it. Flatten it with hand (if you can bear heat), Otherwise use any greased spoon to spread it.
- Allow it to cool down little bit and then cut them into diamond or square shape.
- Serve them after they cool down completely.
- Store them in an air tight container. They have shelf life of 3-4 days.